Bellevue Schools Foundation supporters are investing $1 million this year to transform education and support students in every classroom, every day.
- PreK–12 Computer Science Initiative & STE(A)M—Helps students build skills in computational and critical thinking, collaboration and creativity. Computer science education is integrated into curriculum to engage girls and all students. Provides free after-school robotics at elementary schools and new Makerspace equipment for middle schools.
- Equity BOOM & SHOUT Experience—Expands over three years this successful program that engages Black, Native American, Latino/a, Southeast Asian and Pacific Islander secondary students with mentors who identify with them racially and culturally.
- Arts, Enrichment & Innovation Grants—Enhances students’ education with innovative learning opportunities in and out of the classroom, such as music, field trips, visiting authors and artists, STEM, innovative tools, books, and more.
- National Board Certification—Supports teachers pursuing the “gold standard” for teaching, which transforms classrooms and improves student learning. The Foundation has supported more than 400 teachers achieving their NBCT.
- Community Engagement—Deepens community and parents’ understanding of current education topics, from lunchtime presentations on research and best practices to round table discussions on topics like social emotional learning, child well-being, technology and more.
- Early Learning—Provides children experiencing homeless or in great need tuition-free slots to attend high quality BSD preschools, giving them a chance to overcome potential adverse effects and improve long-term education and health outcomes.
- Culturally Responsive & Innovative Kindergarten Literacy—Increases reading proficiency in kindergarten by incorporating culturally responsible curriculum and providing balanced literacy instruction with books that reflect global communities and cultures.
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination)—Helps students develop college-preparatory study skills through elective AVID classes and through strategies that are incorporated in key classes in our middle and high schools.
- VIBES (Volunteers in Bellevue’s Education System) Mentoring Program—Supports management of a robust corps of volunteer mentors and tutors who offer one-on-one mentoring, study skills coaching (AVID), College Corps college application assistance, and more in all 29 of Bellevue’s public schools.