Thank you for your interest in the Bellevue Schools Foundation.
We currently are seeking a part time Donor and Partner Relations Manager.
Title: Donor & Partner Relations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Part time
As an integral part of the fundraising team, the Donor & Partner Relations Manager will expand the relationships between the Foundation and its donors and community partners by providing extraordinary service, promoting an ‘attitude of gratitude’ in all communications and acknowledgement vehicles, and by maintaining and managing donor information.
The Bellevue Schools Foundation (BSF) is a leading Washington state K-12 education foundation. We serve a diverse Bellevue School District population of more than 20,000 students. Budgeted revenue for the 2017-2086 year is $1,610,925.
The Foundation is razor focused on maximizing impact and broadening the Foundation’s donor base. The Donor & Partner Relations Manager has the opportunity to play a critical role in this growth by developing new relationships with our parent/school communities and creating an active and engaging culture of gratitude for our donors.
- Develop and maintain linkages with all 28 BSD schools and PTSA Leaders, evaluating and enhancing the program known as Ambassadors. These important volunteers support the Fall Campaign, Spring for Schools and act as year-round liaisons to our schools.
- Assure Ambassadors feel valued, understand the work of the Foundation and are prepared to serve as Foundation evangelists at their buildings.
- Organize and host quarterly Ambassador/PTSA gatherings.
- Keep donors informed of Foundation events happening in their buildings and coach them on how to capture student and teacher testimonials.
- Attend monthly PTSA Council meetings
- Serve as Staff Liaison to Honor Roll Realtor and Community Engagement Committees, assisting Committee Chairs with all aspects of the programs including but not limited to; strategy development, outreach, marketing and promotion and fundraising.
- Work with Database Administrator to:
- Send timely Thank You letters
- Complete timely pledge reminder calls, emails and letters
- Streamline Spring for Schools registration process; ensuring donors receive personalized communication, assistance and recognition.
- Lead or assist with Donor Recognition special events including, but not limited to: scheduling, staffing, catering, invitations and attendee lists.
- Actively participate as a positive member of the BSF team, meeting or exceeding team standards, including but not limited to the following:
- Be a team player and contribute to other projects as necessary.
- Adhere to office norms re: operations and communication, etc.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings and other gatherings.
- People person who enthusiastically engages with others
- Genuine curiosity about donor motivation and interests
- Strategic and systems based thinker
- Experience working at a non-profit and with a non-profit Board of Directors
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to compose written materials at a professional level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially grammar and story conveyance
- Willingness and ability to keep donor information completely confidential
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience and minimum of two years' experience in an office setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, database use preferred (BSF uses Donor Perfect)
- High attention to detail and accuracy, including proofreading
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Enthusiastic team member able to accept constructive feedback and adjust as necessary
To apply: Send cover letter describing interest and experience and resume to:
Bellevue Schools Foundation, Attn: Development & Partner Relations Manager,
PO Box 40644, Bellevue WA 98015
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to get involved in a different way?
Consider volunteering! Contact us at email@example.com or at 425.456.4199 for more information.